Monday, November 11, 2013

Eleven Eleven - Part Eleven

I really liked a couple of Adrienne's suggestions, so for this glorious day of glorious named beauty, here we go...

Name five things inside your refrigerator right now and how you feel about them.
I opened the fridge and these are the first five things I saw:

  1. The bag of apples we got at the store yesterday. How do I feel about them? Well, apples are my favorite food, so I feel pretty good we have them. But more than that, I'm pretty jazzed they are local apples and that they are unsprayed, organic apples. Unsprayed means not as pretty, but oh so tasty. Man oh man, I love apples.
  2. Random bottles of IPA, that's beer for the layperson. How do I feel about them? Well, now I'm thirsty for a beer. (This may not be a good game.)
  3. Earth Balance natural buttery spread. How do I feel about it? Alli and I replaced margarine and butter with this over a year ago, and we've never looked back. It's made from a blend of olive oils and is naturally free of hydrogenated oils, zero grams of trans fat, gluten free, non-dairy, and vegan. It melts just like butter and is so much better for you than margarine. We still have real butter, but for everyday use, I doubt we'll ever buy anything else.
  4. Parmesan cheese. How do I feel about it? Umm, it's tasty. That's all I have for this one.
  5. My Nalgene. How do I feel about it? This one holds a special place in my heart. It has stickers all over it, it was my water source on the Appalachian Trail, it's been on every road trip I've taken the last three years, and it was the first piece of gear I bought as I started to prep for the AT, it was in my hand as Alli and I took our first hike and she climbed her first mountain. But a bigger deal than all of that, this Nalgene was the first thing I bought for myself when I was all-of-a-sudden single in the spring of 2010. This Nalgene is a part of me, maybe more than any other single material thing I own.
That was fun. I didn't expect to find something in my fridge that I would be so emotionally attached to, but I bet that's where those kind of prompts come from.

Happy Eleven Eleven to everyone.

3 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

I can honestly say I'm not sure I have, or ever will, an emotional attachment to anything in my fridge!

Maybe I just need to reach deeper...

Insightful on your end though!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

If it makes it better, the Nalgene was only in there to get my water cold and my attachment to it has more to do with the actual water bottle than the water in it. I agree there's not much that could be in my fridge that would create an emotional reaction as it relates to food/drink.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Apples are high on my list too!

Also, going to try that Earth Balance. Sounds great! Thanks for the tip!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home