Sunday, November 03, 2013

Cohabitation - Day Three

I have no desire to trump Kimmy's moving news, but there's a possibility we may be moving to. Well, at least, there will be discussion of said move in the next few days.

Our dear friends here in Black Mountain, Andrew & Megan, have a house in town while we have a house just outside of town. Both of us pay a pretty penny for our houses and could use some help in our pursuit of paying off college loans. Andrew's parents happen to own a house three doors down from us in the same circle of houses, and they have it up for rent. The house is ginormous with three bathrooms, four bedrooms, a huge kitchen, formal dining room, an office, a large living room, and a huge "family" room. It's the perfect kind of house to split up in a duplex kind of arrangement, and the right price that would save us both a bunch of money.

All of this comes with the usual concerns of meshing personalities and living patterns, but after weighing the pros and cons, it's at least worth considering. So we're planning on getting together tonight or tomorrow, asking the tough questions, crunching the numbers, and making a decision. My immediate fear is that I'm too annoying to stand living with, but I plan on bring that up first thing. I know more than a few people who have cohabitated with another couple, so I have them to fall back on for advice.

We'll see.

4 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

I had to marry Adam prior to cohabitating because I knew I'd make a horrible roommate! ;) sounds like it could be a good deal!

9:41 PM  
Blogger HennHouse said...

Sam... You ARE annoying to live with... but I wouldn't trade a minute of it. You're too amazing to live without.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

This kind of thing could work really well, and it sounds like the house is plenty big enough! The money saving opportunity is hard to pass up!

On the other hand, I tend to like my privacy, so I might go crazy in this kind of arrangement. I've always thought it would be a neat idea though, with the right house and the right people.

9:23 AM  
Blogger Kyle said...

One time when Andrea and I were living with Devon and Kristen someone came to visit and asked us something about whether or not it made us uncomfortable to have sex knowing another couple was on the other side of the bedroom wall. I jokingly told them it wasn't an issue and that we all just had sex with both bedroom doors open. The look on their face was priceless!

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home