Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Appalachian Trail

Tomorrow is the five week mark until my last day at the bank. The next day I'll load my gear into my Lady's car and the two of us (and maybe a couple friends) will drive down to North Carolina to Limbo and Bird's (Jason & Diana's) house near Asheville. After a day or two hanging out, I'll say what I can only guess will be a tearful goodbye with my loving girlfriend. After she/they head back to Ohio, I'll then load my gear into Limbo's car and we'll head down to Georgia. The next morning, Limbo and I will check in at the park office and then drive up the access road to the top of Springer Mountian. The next step I take will be the first step of my thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail.

This thing is so real, and my dreams and by-the-minute thoughts have shifted wholly to the AT. My gear is ready. My mind is ready. My body is ready. I want this thing and I feel it in my blood. I'm excited beyond reason, and my heart is burning to attack this goal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

I'm so excited for you and the adventure you are embarking on!

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home