Thursday, January 12, 2012

My list of, "Still need to do..."

Since Christmas, much of my thought-processes have been centered around my upcoming Appalachian Trail thru-hike. Keeping with that, I just posted a new journal entry on my Trail Journal page. If you haven't checked it out yet, look at my blogroll right over there ------------------->
and click on the Uncle Sam link. To go directly to the post, click HERE. In these last three months, much of my focus will be on the hike, so if you haven't done so yet, make sure you familiarize yourself with my Trail Journals page, because that's the only place you'll find me after the end of March.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

FUN!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

I'm so excited for you!!

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great to hear! You have an incredible trip ahead of you. I did a thru hike a few years ago with my wife and we had an amazing time. It is LONG and hard though if you don't pack well. Make sure to pack lightly, but bring everything you need. My biggest recommendations are to visit The Sportsman's Guide I can almost guarantee you'll find whatever you need for the trip and it will probably be cheaper then almost any other dealer. It is definitely worth checking out. You should also invest in a strong pair of waterproof boots that have good traction and will keep you stable. I have a pair of these Waterproof Merrell Hiking boots that have always done right by me if you're looking for a recommendation. I hope this helps you out. Good luck and be safe! You are in for the adventure of a lifetime and we can't wait to hear all about it!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home