Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Be gone, you!

So it's Wednesday morning, and I'm sitting on my couch instead of at work. The same cold I seem to get every winter has hit me exceptionally hard this year. It started the day after Christmas in what I thought was just a normal reaction to eating too much food. Three days later I still couldn't stray far from the toilet, and had since found out I wasn't alone in my flu symptoms. At least ten of my friends/family had the same exact issues within the same exact time frame, and all of them had been put out of commission the same way I had. Yikes.

I felt better by New Years, so my Lady and I travelled to Ft. Wayne to see our friends Andrew & Lyndsay. Andrew was one of the friends who had been suffering with me (and who I jokingly blamed for giving it to me in the first place), so it was good to see him doing better as well, and even better that neither of our women had contracted the dreadful toilet issues. Unfortunately, those good feelings were short lived and both of them came down with it the next week.

To make it worse, my Lady came down with a cold almost at the same time. The cold brought with it sneezing, coughing, runny nose, fever, and headaches. (We're still blaming Andrew for this as well, as he had a cold when we left Ft. Wayne.) My weak immune system couldn't handle the new junk in the air and I quickly came down with the same cold.

After a week of hacking and blowing my nose, my body completely broke down and last Saturday morning found me with the telltale facial pains of a sinus infection. By Monday, that had turned into swollen glands and strep throat. With the all-too-recent memories of my joint issues at the beginning of 2010 that were a direct result of a viral strep infection, I immediately called my Doctor. I'm a huge advocate of letting the body take care of itself, but I just couldn't risk another round of joint damage this close to the AT.

So, I'm home for three days getting over being contagious, still sniffling, still coughing, and my head still throbbing. I am so done being sick. It's sapping away my vacation time, it's keeping me from working out, and it's keeping me from spending valuable time with my Lady. Grrrr.............

5 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Feel better soon!!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

sick sucks. feel better really soon......

11:10 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

It's a bad year for the head stuff. I had a terrible sinus infection and pink eye just before Christmas. It was awful. I thought I could fight it off too but once the pink eye set in I knew I could no longer put off going to the doctor. I hope you feel better. Take care of yourself and get lots of rest.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

Praying for ya!

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Cyndy said...

Hope you feel better!!!! Thinking of you guys!!!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home