Monday, December 26, 2011

Some post Christmas ramblings

So....... the question post kinda fell flat. I'll pretend it was because people were super busy with the holiday even though it was probably cuz no one cares about my secrets. :)

I've been on the planet for thirty seven Christmas days, and it wasn't until this year that I realized ham is a staple of that traditional dinner. I grew up enjoying very traditional Swedish fixin's, and the sparse other visits to other dinners over the years were far enough apart to not create a link in my brain. Last Saturday through yesterday I attended six parties with my Lady, and every one of them had ham. Hello, lightbulb. Suffice it to say, I ate a lot of ham even though I'm not a huge fan. As a result of all that ham as well as way too much other food, I'm been sick since 4am this morning. Blah............

This Christmas I decided I don't like (for myself) the idea of Christmas lists. I know there are some good arguments out there for their usefulness, but I really like the idea of listening to cues, hints, likes, and dislikes. To me, it shows how much you care about the people in your life to surprise them with things they love without having to ask for them. No slams on those of you who do lists, but I really like the idea of connecting to your loved ones in a deeper way.

I thought I had some more ramblings in me this morning, but that about taps me out. I hope all of you had a great holiday and I wish all of you a great New Year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeffrey and Melissa said...

Despite the illness, I hope that you and the lady had a very nice Christmas. Wishing you a safe and prosperous New Year too!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

I agree completely. Lists can be helpful, but I think it's much more special when you pay attention to who the people in your life are enough to know what they would like. I'm a big believer in "It's the thought that counts." and not in a negative way as that phrase sometimes is taken. The more thought and personal attention that goes into a gift, the more special it is.

Merry Christmas Sam! And, nice waving at you the other day! ;-)

10:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you and your lady :) it is nice to know a person well, with no need for lists :)

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home