Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Tree time

As I've mentioned before, my Lady is a huge fan of the Christmas season. Setting up the tree is an intense event in her household that is so special it is reserved for her and her Mom and her next oldest sister. And yesterday I got to witness the spectacle along with her stepDad, brothers, and younger sister. But as fun as that was, tonight it was my turn.

With a wonderful hand-me-down gift from her family, my Lady and I began the decorating of our tree around 7:30pm tonight. After assembling the artificial branches on the tree base, we fluffed them to make it look full and real. Then my Lady spent a full hour and a half filling them with seven hundred lights. My only real tradition is a bulb from my High School alma-mater which I hang first and always at the very top of the tree. After I placed it in its special spot, then my Lady pulled out two special gifts she'd bought especially for our first Christmas Tree: two ornaments of our initials. It was truly an emotional moment to hang them together; me hanging her initial and her hanging mine.

After lacing the tree with bold red ribbon, we took out some old burgundy bulbs handed down to me from my Mom from my childhood Christmas trees. My Lady snapped the following beautiful picture of one of those bulbs...

The next picture is the view my Lady sees from the spot on my couch she's claimed as her own. This is what she's going to see every night, and it's nice to see the tree from her point-of-view.


As you all know, I heat my home with wood; no furnace or anything else. With the ambiant heat of a fire against the warmth presence of my Log House, I absolutely love this next picture...


As the tree was going up, we both commented that a Christmas tree looks so much better in a log house than anywhere else. And in turn, a log house needs a Christmas tree to look complete. It's crazy when I think about the fact that for so many holiday seasons this house went without a tree. Christmas is my favorite season, and I'm so very happy my Lady is intense about it as well. There are a few funny pictures, but I'll save them for later. For now, I'll leave you with a full picture of our gorgeous first Christmas tree. Enjoy...





3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

gorgeous tree!! and i agree... much truth in the statement about it being perfect in a log cabin :)

2:34 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Looks nice! Agree on the log house!

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you forgot the last s with the other two ornaments.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home