Sunday, April 10, 2011

Something to think about in regards to war

My Dad had an interesting way of explaining things when I was growing up. Most of it was made up in his normal exaggerating way, but even recognizing that as an adult those things still stick in my brain. One of those instances happened when I asked him (as a teenager) about the boy-to-girl ratio in my school class. The boys outnumbered the girls 2:1 and I asked him why. His answer was that God knew there would be a war and there would need to be more males to fight. While that seems silly, my senior year the first Persian Gulf war broke out. I saw the same numbers come to truth ten years later in the families of the youth group I led. And then the second Iraq war broke out. The reasoning broke down in the face of reality when only two of those males actually went into the service, but it still gave me pause.

Anyone else find this interesting?

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

VERY interesting. and i think their is an army of men being built up right now. lots of little men being born.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

*there. (i don't like when i mess that up.)

8:58 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Your alright. No..... Yer. No wait..... you're. Yeah, that's it.

:)

10:28 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Silly Sam. The factual reason is it takes 2 men to accomplish as much as 1 woman. ;p

An interesting thought though!

1:45 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I totally love Adrienne's answer... that makes perfect sense!
However, I agree with Jen too, Jackson already has it in his plans to be in the Army. He really looks up to the friends that I have that are soldiers. Even at seven we have long indepth conversations about war and our soldiers. I will have his back no matter what he decides to do when he is an adult, but if he sticks with his current plan and goes into the military I would be a proud mama!
As for what dad said, he is right... God plans things out the way He knows they need to be, because He knows what is coming. Just because only two kids went military after high school from your group, doesn't mean God didn't want it to be more. He gave us free will, maybe they didn't follow His will, they followed their own. Just a thought!

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home