Thursday, April 21, 2011

Butters

So it's time to thin the herd. Ell was a cat lady... she loved them and they loved her. Over the course of our marriage she acquired quite a few. When she left we had four and unfortunately for them and for her, her new guy was allergic so she didn't take any of them with her. With me leaving next year, I need to find good homes for them before I go. The first one to go is my baby boy, Butters.

Here's his story... A couple summers ago we were having a bonfire and up walked this little blond kitten. He smelled like he'd been rolling around in garbage and every time he tried to get someone to pet him, they'd hold their nose and push him away. Well, I think he took it personally and left for about an hour. He came back all cleaned up and soon after he stole my heart. We called him a rather derogatory name for a few weeks, but after two separate incidents where he ate an entire stick of butter, he earned the name, Butters. (Any SouthPark fans will appreciate the funny.) We litterbox trained him, got him fixed, and got him his shots. Two years later he's still a great cat. He's absolutely amazing with even the most harsh kids. (My five year old nieces Emma, Aurora, and Esther-Faith have all carried him around in the most awkward positions and he's never complained or scratched them.) He's just as comfortable outside as inside the house, but definitely prefers inside during the winter and has become a great behind-the-knees sleeper at night if you're a side sleeper. He's also a great hunter if you have mice or rodents.

So here's the deal... He's free to a good home and comes with a bag of food and box of cat litter. I can even throw in a litterbox if you don't already have one. If you'd like to see him (or more pictures), send me a comment or an email.




6 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

He's a good looking cat! (Love the name, by the way) I hope you can find him a good home soon.

3:03 PM  
Blogger ChelChel said...

AAAHHHCHOOOOO!!!! Sorry- Allergic!

:)

Chel

4:53 PM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

Awwww I wish we could take him. We have a cat, named Kodak, but he isn't a kid loving cat, lol. Also, he is a jealous sort of fellow too. Rats!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Swedish Mama said...

My first reaction: bring him over. Then my logic takes over. 3 adult cats, 4 kittens, 2 are staying and will need fixed and declawed. Need to rid to house of 2 kittens, one adult cat (the mother) for sure and maybe one of the others....
He is pretty and sounds like our kind of cat--am sure a five year old would be happy with me.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Melissa Blair said...

Sweet looking cat and cute story! I sure hope you find a good home for him soon!!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

He is soooooo cute (insert fart noise here).


GLAD to hear you are becoming less creepy. :)

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home