Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Charlie Sheen

A little brevity...

All week I've been watching the morning news, a next-to-never event for me. Monday morning I awoke early and decided to relax in my Lay-Z-Boy before going to work. I was fortunate enough to catch the end of The Morning Show's interview with Charlie Sheen. Then Tuesday I caught his reaction interview and the introduction of his live-in girlfriends, the Goddesses, as he calls them. This morning I found myself turning on the TV hoping to catch another peak at this crazy individual and caught his live interview after his children had been taken from him in the wee hours of the morning.

As only my close friends know (and now the whole www), I'm a closet celebrity news junkie. That said, to say I'm hooked with the Charlie Sheen story would be an uber understatement.

Alright, let's break this down. The guy is obviously off his rocker. Why, is the question everyone (including those claiming not to care) seems to have an opinion about. Whether it's a side effect of his drug detox, the true self coming out from the same effects, or something else completely, the truth is the guy is a wired out individual. The last three days have shown that clearly. So why is he going so completely off the edge? Publicity? Maybe. Frustration? Maybe. Mental break? Maybe. But whatever it is, people are interested in following the downward spiral. Charlie started a Twitter account yesterday and he already has over 800,000 followers. In one day!

I don't know how this is going to play out or what will happen next, but I'm enjoying the crazy ride. Anyone else have any opinions or thoughts?

6 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Blair said...

I am the complete opposite when it comes to celebrity news. I am oblivious about what is going on. What is the Charlie scoop anyway?

11:59 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Tsk .... my husband is worse than a fat old lady with her 'shows' when it comes to Charlie!

Charlie is to the men what justin is to the teeny girls!

12:44 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Melissa, short recap...
-got famous
-got in trouble with drugs
-got clean
-got a great job with the top rated comedy on TV
-got caught on camera getting in trouble with drugs again, hookers, alcohol
-went into rehab
-TV show cancelled
-got clean (according to drug tests)
-moved two girlfriends into his house calling them his goddesses
-started talking crazy about warlocks, plans for a crazy future, getting back at those who cancelled his show
-had his children taken from him

And now we're waiting to see what he does next.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

well, i hadnt been following along, just knew the show was cancelled and the drug/lady issues. now i want to see the interviews :)

5:25 PM  
Blogger Swedish Mama said...

Why the following? Lots of reasons, one being that it makes us feel better when we see someone else down. ((Always someone worse off than we are>))

5:15 PM  
Blogger Dave and Betsy's Blog said...

I think Charlie Sheen is just plain gross.

Bets

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home