Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Some random nothings

I attempted my first solo haircut tonight. I've shaved my head before, but this was an actual style. I thought it turned out great........ that was until a few hours later when I ran my fingers along the back of my head and felt a strip of uncut hair. Made me laugh.

I scored a 2010 Mustang convertible, free of charge, for the wedding I was in a few weeks back. Yeah, I might be the best, "Best Man" ever.

I took a couple weeks off from working out due to the wedding and such, and today was my first day back in the gym. It felt so good to work up a sweat again. I was holding at forty pounds lost and I hope to lose another twenty five by Christmas.

I get to cut down a couple trees this weekend. I do enjoy using a chainsaw. (said the one legged man)

It looks like my canal thru-hike is on for March of next year. And it looks like a friend of mine has signed on to join me for the two week expedition.

I worked at a local festival this weekend in two different historical society venues. Nothing like immersing yourself in history for ten hours a day two days in a row.

I'm watching the new show, Parenthood on NBC as I type this. Is it weird this is my favorite new show on TV and I don't have any kids?

I need to sign off and fold some laundry.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Yay for random nothing posts! It's always good to read a post from you.

Okay, I just looked up that show and now I want to watch it! Mostly because it has Lauren Graham in it, and I loved Gilmore Girls. But, otherwise, it does look interesting.

Also, just so you know...I'm about to start reading your book, in like the next couple days. I've had to finish up a few others first, so now I can concentrate on yours. I'll let you know when I'm finished;-)

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Amy said...

Good for solo haircuts! Rich does that all the time. Lol. Remaining hair in the back is always funny.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for the update buddy. way to go on the hair.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I refuse to cut my husband's hair...because...I did not refuse once.

Congrats on the weight loss...that is really awesome! If I may...I saw the picture your sister had of you and the difference is obvious!

And...blogging without pressure is sort of fun, eh?

4:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

as the wife of a head shaver, it's always a good idea to have someone check the back of your head ;) and sam... so proud of you for losing a toddler!! (my son weighs 32 pounds ;) you are awesome!!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Swedish Mama said...

love you

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home