Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Extree, Extree, get 'em while they're hot!

First I want to thank all of you who joined us in the happy dance. It really is a weight off our shoulders and such an accomplishment for us to pay such a huge amount in such a small time. Even though it had its share of turmoil and left a few lasting scars (some too personal for a blog), it brings with it a sense of joy and relief. So thank you all. And please, the offer is still open if anyone wants to know how we did it or how you can.

In the midst of that good news, there's another something I'm pretty excited about as well... my book is done.

Some of you are doing the head back, "Saaaaay Whaaaaaat?" look right now. Yes, I wrote a book. It's in the Historical Fiction genre, which means the setting of the story including dates and times and places are historically accurate, but the storyline and usually the characters are fictional. Since I'm a history buff it was a blast to do all the studying and research, and it was fun being creative too. I'm not sure how I never heard of this genre until a few years ago, but it may be my new favorite style.

After I finished writing it I spent almost eight months doing copy edits, re-writes, and story changes. None of which were as intense as what Elizabeth has talked about in her publishing journey, but they were still pretty mind-numbing at times. After most of those were done, she helped me get hooked up with a place to get the book published. And here I am.

I'm not sure what my hopes are for it (outside of the NYTimes bestseller list), but I have decided to put it out there for people to read. Before I stick some copies on Amazon, I'd like to offer it to all of you for a cheaper price. As the author I get free shipping, so if you live anywhere close to me I can get it to you without all the increased costs. The cost is $14 a book. It's always weird talking to friends about money, but that's life I guess. So if you want one just let me know and we'll work out getting it to you.

Pretty cool, huh? It sure is exciting holding something in your hands that is all yours. I'm pretty happy about the whole thing. If you want one just let me know. You can also email me at elliottpipe at g mail dot com. No pressure here; just wanted to offer it to anyone interested.

13 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Can I get an autographed copy please?

12:30 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

Count us in as well Sam. I would love to read it! Well done on finishing it up. Work out the details with my dad. I'll let him know we want a copy.
Miss you bro.
Dave

6:19 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Oh my goodness - that's awesome! Good times at Eleven. ;)

11:22 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Sam, I haven't made it far into the book yet due to my business. But so far, I'm hooked! I don't like putting it down, I want to keep reading, but I have to sleep sometime! Anyway! All who read it will be pleased! I'm proud of you!!!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Swedish Mama said...

Historical fiction is one of my favorites, can't wait for your Dad to finish his copy so I can read more than the first chapter. His eyes are better, but it is still troublesome for him to read. Needs you to come back and read to him, he says you did an outatanding job.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Chel said...

I would like to order one, Sam! We are very proud of you!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Yes, Kimmy, or anyone else, I'd love to sign your copy. I'm not sure the signature will ever be worth much, but just in case, it can't hurt to get one while I'm still giving them away. :)

5:36 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Count me down for one. I will pick it up when I come home in July.

11:56 AM  
Blogger *Austin Mommy* said...

I'm in...signed, please! Does this mean that all the pictures I have from Thanksgivings past will be worth blackmail money someday when you're famous??

11:12 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

So, when and where is the book signing? ;-)

2:01 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Ang, it can only be blackmail if I don't want the world to see those pictures. :)

As for a book signing, most of them are being signed at my kitchen table. It's a pretty famous table.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

How wonderful Sam!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

We need to set up a meeting. I want my autographed copy!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home