Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Good news and Bad news

I just found out my Dad was able to get out of his hospital bed and into his wheelchair. That's a huge change from the weak shell of a man I visited a few weeks ago. He's got a long way to go, but this is great news. So exciting.

The bad news is that I'm not so lucky. My steroid pills only lasted six days with the last pill taken on Sunday morning. As my body came down from the pills my health grew increasingly worse. I'm going right back to being as bad off as I was before the pills. I'm really worried the steroids just masked the issue and I'm still really sick. I don't know what I'm going to do. All I know is that I'm getting worse by the hour.

Ell is trying to get me into the doctor but we're heading to Columbus on Thursday morning for a four day vacation so I don't have a lot of spare time. Normally we'd just change the dates of our trip but we already spent $300 we can't get back. Hopefully I can get in to see the doc tomorrow and then suffer through the pain. Hope, right? I really hate being sick and not knowing why. REALLY hate it.

6 Comments:

Blogger HennHouse said...

Sam... this sounds miserable... We'll be praying.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Praying for you!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Wow...sorry! Praying you are better soon!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I left work to go to the doctor today and she gave me the same basic diagnosis... Viral Arthritis. What that means is that I was sick at one point and my bodily defenses were down when this virus took over. Problem is, I haven't been sick, even the sniffles, in over six months. I told her that and she just shook her head. So I'm taking some new medication and I have to get blood work done again tomorrow morning at 7am. While I'm happy that I was able to get into a doctor so fast, I still don't have good answers. If I wasn't in so much pain I'd be really pissed off.

Thanks for the good thoughts, ladies.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Swedish Mama said...

Your Dad and I are praying too. We understnd the frustration of no answers and still having pain.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

So I'm more than a wee bit behind...but this sucks. I hope you feel so much better and that behind then and now something good has become of this!

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home