Friday, February 19, 2010

Home and Home

Mom is resting at home, as much as that is possible with her.
Dad is now at a nursing home to monitor his issues and help him recover.

I feel a little more at ease today. Yesterday was kind of a breaking point for me. I had so much pent-up emotion and feelings inside that I had no idea how to sort them out. Things like worry for my parent's health to fear of their death. And then my own selfish issues of being mad I lived so far away and anxious for reasons to make the trip. My Mom and my sister assured me of many emotions and I am thankful for such a God-fearing/loving family that rests the big stuff on Him. I'm also thankful to Ell for being on top of things and even willing to go down to Columbus without me to review charts and calm other's nerves about diagnosis'. Even though life is anything but back to normal, all of those things broke for me yesterday and I found myself singing in my office. When I realized I was doing it I almost cried. It was so calming.

Thank you all for your prayers. Having my own support system of friends is amazing, and knowing you were praying for someone (most of) you haven't met is awesome. Thank You to all of you. You are so loved.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

So glad you found some calm in the midst of this storm. It is amazing how much comfort from God you can feel during times like this. It's truly an awesome thing.

Supportive friends are amazing too. Things like that stick with you for a lifetime.

Still praying! Take care, my friend.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Kyle said...

Keep on Singing, brother!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I think that accepting His peace can often be the biggest battle.

Best to you and all of yours. And many prayers still.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Sam, just don't sing too loud, you might scare little children and make them cry!....

lol! I'm just kidding! I Love You! It was good to see dad on Saturday with the kids. I think we all needed it. I'm not sure Jackson knew what to think, but Auri hugged him before she even took off her coat. She needed to see her papa and know that he was okay! We have an amazing dad! And an incredible mom! I Love You!! Call if you need, maybe we can sort out our confusing emotions together!

-Kriss

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home