Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A family update

A quick update for all of you following along and praying for us (and aren't on Facebook)...

Mom was released from the hospital on Monday. Thankfully there were no heart attack proteins/enzymes present. She did have some potential blockage issues that may or may not be stress related, and she is going to have to be careful with that. She is still convinced her hospital stay was God-sent to get Dad to go to the hospital. He just felt too safe with her around. So when Dad went into the hospital, Mom got better.

Dad's report isn't as good. He was admitted into a hospital after a nine hour stay in a different emergency room that didn't have an ICU room available. (Kudos to my sister Kristen for staying with him the whole time. What a trooper.) When he got there he had a cat scan and a double stent inserted into his kidneys. He had a lot of pain and it was hard to manage it, but after a few days they wanted to send him home. Unfortunately, with Mom in her present condition of supposed to be taking it easy, she wouldn't be able to take care of him the way he needed. According to updates from my sister, Kristen, I think they are trying to get him into a nursing home that can take care of all his needs not just the kidney stuff. I haven't had this confirmed though.

Thank you to all who have been praying for my family. If I can be so bold, I beg of you to continue your prayers. They are still in need of it big time. Thank you all, again. I'll try to update sooner than later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Praying lots and lots for you Sam and your entire family!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

I've been praying Sam. I know what tough stuff this is. You and your family have been on my heart and in my prayers.

If you ever need to talk, seriously, don't hesitate to contact me.

8:59 PM  
Blogger *Austin Mommy* said...

You can definitely be so bold to continue to ask for prayers...that's why we're all in this thing called life together, right? Thank you for your openness about everything that's going on. I will pray with you and for you and your family. Hang in there...

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home