Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thursday somethings

I forgot to thank Cyndy for last week's funny. She's been such a contributor here lately, and sometimes I forget to thank her. Cyndy, you da bomb.

Since it's not quite Friday, and because I work at a bank again, I've decided to revive my "At the Bank" series. Today I talked to a lady on the phone about her checking account. She was quite elderly and quite hard of hearing. After we'd had a back and forth conversation for at least a full minute about her account, she asked, "Is this my niece?" One thing that's never been said about me is that I sound like a woman, so that cracked me up. I guess this is more a funny about old age and not a bank, but it happened there, so deal with it.

To go along with that, I want to paint a word picture of something Ell and I saw yesterday while driving...

Two separate signs in front of the same house, about thirty feet from one another.
The first one read: "Daycare"
The second one read: "Chainsaw chains sharpened here"

That's one fun daycare or a really odd sweatshop, depending on your view.

5 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Blair said...

Where do I sign up for that daycare program? I bet they know how to keep the kids in line! LOL!

11:15 PM  
Blogger HennHouse said...

I have missed your "at the bank" series.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Didn't I see you in big girly earrings once?

9:43 AM  
Blogger Birdie said...

And a skirt!

10:55 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Yes, I'll admit dressing like a woman when the situation calls for it, but my voice has never been mistaken for a lady. And thanks, Kimmy and Carla for bringing up the secret side of Sam. :)

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home