Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Some info

Over the weekend I got two phone calls, and two other text messages, demanding I write. Darn stalkers. ;-)

Well, I'm in Atlanta right now at a Youthbuild conference. It's my first time in the city and I have to say it's pretty nice. My only complaint is that everything is too-far laid out. There's a lot of good stuff to see and do, but it takes so long to get anywhere. The traffic moves really well (I got into town in what should have been rush hour and didn't get held up once) so having to drive distances isn't that big a deal.

A couple things about my drive to Atlanta, if anyone wants to speed through North Carolina, do it at lunch time. I stopped to get some food and I swear every NC State Trooper was at Arby's off I-77. It was crazy. Also, I forgot how much I like to hear Southern accents. Lastly, the lady who took my order was a little younger than me and her name was, Tawanda. Her Mom must have been a huge fan of one of my favorite movies. Ten of Kimmy's blog points to the person who can name that movie. If it's you Kimmy, go buy yourself something nice.

5 Comments:

Blogger Melissa Blair said...

Atlanta...a nice city to visit with lots to do, but not fun to live there(coming from experience)! If you get the chance, you would really enjoy Stone Mountain!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Swedish Mama said...

Glad you took your laptop to beat off those stalkers.

You know you shouldn't speed, weren't you taught better than that?

6:13 PM  
Blogger Birdie said...

It can't be Napoleon Dynomite or she would be about five. (Ha!)

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fried Green Tomatoes?

If I win, I must confess... I used my master sleuth skills to come up with my answer.

However, my confession AND my intense desire to have an excuse to "buy myself something nice" qualifies me to win regardless, right?

12:28 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

You're the best, Kimmy. Of course you're right, and yes, go buy yourself something nice. :-)

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home