Thursday, January 08, 2009

The new digs

So today I'll be four days into my new job. And the answer to the question I keep getting, it's going good. There's been a lot of reading, a lot of reviewing, a lot of "throw you into the deep end and see if you can swim" type of events. I must say my brain is getting sufficiently numb. But as I told Ell this morning, there's still an excitement to what this all means for me. I'm working through the first-week-on-the-new-job anxieties (read: questioning my sanity in leaving the familiar albeit bad job to start something I'm not sure I can handle), but even those deep emotional moments have been few and far between. I'm glad to be where I'm at right now.



In sadder news, it seems the time is drawing close for my Grandpa's time on this earth. My Mom is the oldest of five kids, and no matter distance or time, losing a parent does something hard to the oldest child. Of course, all feel the loss of a loved one very deeply, but I saw what my Dad went through and I hear the same pain in my Mom's words. (Go to the bottom of my blogroll and click on "My Mom" to read her heart.) So please keep her in your thoughts and prayers the next few days.



I'll try to update this weekend. Thanks to everyone for everything.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey buddy, lisa and i will be pray'n for your family. That's so hard. I'm glad the new job is going well! have you released what exactly you're doing now? Did i miss it?

Happy thursday.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Thanks for the prayers, Dave.

No, I totally forgot to detail everyone. I'll try to do that this weekend.

8:04 AM  
Blogger GUYK said...

New jobs can be trying experiences. But for those up to the challenge they can be rewarding experiences. I found the best thing to do when I was assigned a new job was to keep my mouth shut and my eyes and ears open and take a lot of those mental notes.

I can relate to your Mom...I have lost both of my parents as well as a younger sister. One sage once wrote that the death of a parent makes one's own mortality more vivid...and maybe that is true. But losing one that we love is never easy even though we know that that person is no longer suffering. And, there is nothing that any of us can say except...I'm sorry.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

I will most definitely be praying for your family. Most especially, your mom.

I'm glad to hear the job is going pretty well. Can't wait to hear more details on it.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I am excited for you Sammy!All those numb thoughts will soon turn clear and cognitive. You know that I am praying for you and your family during this time with your Grandpa Floyd. I love you bunches babe!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

congrats on the new job and prayers for you family. Love you, buddy.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home