Friday, November 28, 2008

Day twenty eight - Friday Funny

No less than three people sent me this joke this week. Since it seems to be so popular, and since it's seasonally appropriate, I thought I'd share it with all of you.

Thanksgiving Divorce

A man in Phoenix called his son in New York two days before Thanksgiving and said, "I hate to ruin your day, but I have to tell you that your Mother and I are divorcing; forty five years of misery is enough."

"Pop, what are you talking about?" the son screamed. "We can't stand the sight of each other any longer," the father replied. "We're sick of each other and I'm sick of talking about this, so you call your sister in Chicago and let her know."

Frantic, the son called his sister, who exploded on the phone. "Like heck they're getting divorced," She shouted. "I'll take care of this!" She immediately called Phoenix and her father answered the phone, already defensive. "Now I know what you're going to say," he began. "You are NOT getting divorced," the daughter screamed, interrupting her father. "Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then, don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR ME?!"

The old man hung up the phone and turned to his wife. "Okay," he said, "they're coming for Thanksgiving and paying their own way."

Have a great weekend everyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice one buddy, you got a belly laugh out of my pregnant wife! Thanks for brightening our day.

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home