Monday, November 03, 2008

Day three

Two days in and I've already dropped the ball. As my Mom used to say, "Geez Louiz!" It's not that I forgot to post yesterday, I thought about it, A LOT. But I figured even with low gas prices, it was a waste of money to drive into Columbiana just to steal some free Internet and get a post in. I know, that's what I get for being sensible. Maybe I'll post twice today to make up for it. Does that count?

So, the elections are one day away. Do you know who you're voting for? Ell says she knows who I'm going to vote for because she says I mention one particular person more than another. I'm glad she's got my brain figured out, 'cause I still don't know. Maybe I should ask her before I go stand in line tomorrow morning.

We got a couple more big projects done on the house yesterday. I finished organizing (and throwing some if it away) the contents of our filing cabinet which cleared the desk to be taken outside. I felt bad getting rid of it because my Dad made it, but if I kept everything he made I'd have to rent an extra truck when we move. I also cleaned out the row of grape vines and the grape arbor. The weeds had taken over in the late summer so it was a hefty job. While I was at it I trimmed all the shrubs and cleaned out the last of the landscaping beds.

While I was outside Ell attacked the tub. We have pretty hard well water, which, even with a water softener, leaves quite a bit of staining on the porcelain. She scrubbed and scraped for a long time and guess what? The tub's actually white! I thought for sure it was a dingy off-white with permanent streaks of rust. Huh.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Slacker.

I guess we'll let it slide though.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Dave said...

you were too busy with Sunday sex, probably.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Hee-Hee

10:15 AM  
Blogger Melissa Blair said...

"Inney Meeny Miney Mo" still works at the voting booth!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home