Friday, August 01, 2008

Twins

This post is for my sister Karin. Karin is the oldest of my three younger sisters and today is her birthday. She was born eleven days shy of my first birthday. (I know, horny parents, right?) As soon as we were both old enough to comprehend ages, those were special days. We thought it was so awesome to be the same age that we'd always tell people we were twins during that time. Cute little kid stuff.

So here's to eleven days of fun. Happy Birthday, Karin; hope your day is super special. And as to all you curious folk, no I won't tell you how old she is. That would be rude. By the way, I'll be 33 in eleven days.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when do I get to meet this mysterious third sister?

9:39 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Funny, Sam.
Funny!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

The third sister isn't blood, but I can't define the relationship or imagine her being any closer than my own flesh and blood. Her name is Ginny and she grew up with all of us.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

There is a proper name for siblings born that close together: Irish Twins. :)

That would sure be a handful!

12:20 PM  
Blogger HennHouse said...

Thanks, Sam! Check my blog later tonight to see photos of what my co-workers did to my office!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Adrienne, my Dad is mostly Irish so that phrase is so awesome and fitting.

Karin, in all the years I've been in the public workforce I've only worked 1 of my birhdays. And even then they didn't know it was my birthday. I can only imagine what would have happened with the people I've worked with.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

sweet post!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL.. sounds like a fun sibling relationship :) Happy Birthday Karin! And Happy Birthday in 11 days Sam.

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home