Thursday, August 28, 2008

Ode to Dave's adventure

Here I sit
Within the bank
My brother Dave
Close to the lake
He drives a car
He doesn't own
He tows a thing
He got on loan
The tag is old
It might expire
The cops may frown
And stop the tire
They'll keep the bike
He drove to get
And let him go
To home and fret
Plans will fall
Hours will pass
The bike will sit
Not under his ...

Whoa! This is a family poem. Carry on, but keep it clean, mister.
Anyway...

What's Dave to do
So far from home
Does he grow angry
Or sit and moan
Does Betsy fear
Will JJ cry
Where is their man
Cry rhymes with nigh
His pretty face
Will win no prize
His bike is lost
Dave sits and sighs
And so to home
He now must aim
The cops have won
Dave drives in shame
But life is good
For safe at home
Is his friend Sam
No need to roam
I bid you gone
Don't leave again
I'll end this song
Let's eat some hen.

The end.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave and Betsy's Blog said...

You have proven that it's nearly possible to paint the perfect picture with the right words. It has been a journey, not only for a bike, but for a soul. I hope I have mine when I return. I hope I have the bike too.
Still cruisin'
-Dave

8:06 PM  
Blogger Dave and Betsy's Blog said...

One of the best poems I've ever read!!!!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Chel said...

I think you should've included the word Volkswagen and tried to make something rhyme with it!
Funny stuff!
I sure am glad he didn't get pulled over!

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home