Monday, March 24, 2008

At the Bank

A middle-aged lady came into the bank this morning to get some of the new gold dollars. The dollars come in rolls of $25, and when informed of that amount, a puzzled look crossed her face.

With a furrowed brow she asked, "I thought those rolls used to cost twenty three dollars. Did you raise the price on dollar coins?"

I could stop the story right there and get a good laugh (and I'm not sure how my teller didn't burst into laughter herself) but this lady was serious so my teller remained serious as well. She replied, "No; they have always come in rolls of $25."

But the lady fought back. "No. No. I remember. I used to get the same-sized roll of dollar coins but I only paid twenty three dollars for them. I remember it like I remember the names of my children!"

My teller remained very polite and said, "Well ma'am, I'm not sure what to tell you. The dollar coins are equal to one dollar, and there's twenty five of them in each roll. That equals $25. So do you still want a roll?"

The lady let out a not-so-subtle hrmmpf, and took the money. I laughed a silent chuckle at the whole scene but I feel sorry for her kids. Poor nameless souls. :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Now that is hilarious! Thanks for the post! I got a good laugh. Well, her children may be nameless souls, but at least there is a great sense of humor in their house, and we all know that laughter is good for the soul, even if it is nameless! Thanks!!!

-Kristen

6:20 PM  
Blogger Melissa Blair said...

She must work for the post office :).

9:41 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thats flergin bergin funny!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Laura G. Young said...

Maybe she used to buy half dollar rolls (which I believe come in stacks of 20) and a sneaky teller charged her thirteen dollars extra?

;)

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dangit! Used to, I'd get $23.47 in my rolled dollahs.

12:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home