Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Some ideas

I want to thank those of you that responded to yesterday's post. It's interesting to see and read what people's thoughts on music are. Music is such a powerful thing. It hits you on so many levels it's hard to categorize it into one or two thoughts. It's emotional, it's spiritual, it's touching, it's motivational, it's depressing, it's on fire and yet on ice. It's so many things to so many people, and not a one of them are the same from one person to the next. And when you try to place yourself, or someone else for that matter, as a part of that in a real tangible way you find out you felt stronger than you ever thought you had before. Good stuff. Really.

So I have a couple ideas. The first is starting another blog. I met a guy a few years ago and recently have gotten to know him quite a bit better than I ever expected. His name is Tim and he has so much going on his brain it's almost too much for the average person to handle. If you were to meet him and engage him in conversation you'd find yourself really perplexed. One second you'd think he was the smartest person you've ever met and the very next second he'd cause you to think he was a moron. And then you'd find yourself loving him and right away hating him. I love people like that. People that stretch me and make me think. Tim is that kind of guy. Well, he started a YouTube account and has posted a few videos. Four of them are a spoken word analysis of America and his feelings about it. Good stuff. He has no desire to place them on a blog or anything so I think I'm going to do it for him. I guess I need to get his permission; or maybe I don't. The magic of freedom and the www, right? Anyway, I'll let you know if I decide to do it. I think the world could do a little better for itself hearing his thoughts. Agree or disagree with him, it doesn't matter.

My second idea is actually a rip off of an idea one of my tellers was sharing with me. Church youth group friends. I had a bunch, and a few of us were really tight. My idea is that I should try to get them all together again. It's been like fifteen years since I saw some of them and it would be really awesome to catch up with long lost people from my past. Maybe a summer party or something. I don't know if it would work, but it sure would be fun to give it a try. Alright, I'm off to do some banking work.

2 Comments:

Blogger HennHouse said...

A youth group reunion is a great idea if you can get all your friends together for it. My Tim's youth group had a reunion a few years ago (B.C. and pre-MBA for us) and it was a lot of fun meeting his friends from his high-school and pre-Karin days. They had some GREAT stories to tell!

7:38 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

That is way too funny that you said that. Melanie and I still talk quite a bit and we've talked for years about having a reunion of some sorts but we didn't think anyone would be interested. I actually have some old videos and tons of pics too. We get them out from time to time and laugh! One things for sure, I know I'm not the same person as I was then. Which in turn makes me wonder how everyone else has changed. Just makes ya wonder. :0)

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home