Sunday, November 11, 2007

My Saturday

If anyone was wondering what the heck my post meant yesterday, well it meant nothing really. And no I wasn't just posting some crap to get in my scheduled post for the day; or cheating, as Adrienne may have insinuated. ;-) Yesterdays post was the blogging debut of my darling niece/god-daughter Emma. She is 22 months old, and really starting to figure things out. When I got out Ell's computer last night she sat right next to me and kept inching her hands towards the keyboard. I kept telling her to wait, wait, wait, but you could tell it was eating her alive inside. So when I was finally able to pirate somebodies wireless signal, I let her do the typing. She was very pleased with herself and gave me a hug. I thought that alone deserved me letting her first step into the WWW go unchanged.

My day:
I got up early and watched the "This Old House" hour on PBS. After that I woke Ell up and headed outside for a few hours working on the firewood pile. After a little college football I took a shower and we headed to Canton. I took Brad and my friend Tony to meet up with some guys from CPS. We went to a place called the Briar Patch. The Briar Patch is a smoke shop with a nice selection of pipe tobacco, some loose leaf cigarette tobacco, the largest walk in cigar humidor I've ever been in, and an amazing selection of estate pipes. I was very proud of myself and only bought a couple ounces of pipe tobacco, but it was hard. It was fun seeing the guys I knew again, and meeting some new ones as well.

After dinner we headed to our friends, the Starks, house for some beer and Guitar Hero III. I'm not a gamer, so I mostly watched. But I did get talked into playing Evenflow by Pearl Jam and tricked Ell into playing some Guns & Roses with me. (She hates them.) Then a short nap on their couch, a cup 'o Joe, a cold drive home, and into the sack around 2:30 this morning. And that was my Saturday. A very relaxing and fun day.

3 Comments:

Blogger kimw said...

I love days like that!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

A new blogger - how exciting! My kids are behind...I better get on that.

Plus, my deepest apologies if it appeared I was insinuating anything.

12:06 AM  
Blogger 3rd string's finest said...

Sam, That sounded like my favorite kind of day. By the way I also played Evenflow on Guitar Hero III the other day. Weird. I am going to have to make a trip to the tobacky shop when I get home. Coming with me?

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home