Thursday, November 22, 2007

Drunk people are funny

So here I am again writing a 1 o'clock post. Two days in a row.

I've heard over 10 times in the last few weeks that the night before Thanksgiving was the biggest party night of the year. I don't remember ever really partying hard on this famous night, but I guess I see why. No work in the morning, no family plans before noon or so, no need to be responsible. I could go on, but I think you get the point.

I'm currently with a group of people who are, well let's see, how do I put this in the best politically correct way I can? Well, they're having a good time. There are some clothes switching, some falling over, some cigarette smoking, and a whole heck of a lot of drinking. I have chosen in my life to refrain from getting drunk (not to say I haven't been there a couple times in my life) because I'd rather keep my faculties about me. Know what I mean?

But I do have to say, all ethics and morals aside, drunk people are funny. They fall down, they throw up, they makes fools of themselves, they get embarrassingly honest, need I go on? I know my parents are cringing right now, and some others of you find no pleasure in these types of things at all; but I find it to be really funny a few times a year.

And that's why I'm posting at 1 am again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

I say after a hard day in the kitchen, the men should stay home with the old people and children and all the women should go tie one on. :)

Okay...that was uber stereotypical. But come on, shouldn't there be some reward for spending an entire day cooking food that will be consumed in approximately 20 minutes?

2:22 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Amen. A bunch of drunk women is always a good thing. :-D

2:25 AM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

You guys crack me up!!!!!!!!!!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

I agree, drunk people are hilarious.

Adrienne- I'll meet you halfway between here and there so we can go tie one on, 'kay?

7:47 AM  
Blogger Zoooma said...

This post made me crack up 'cause I know all too well the life of drunk people and being sloppily drunk myself. That's a thing of the past for me and I know God smiles at that... but I don't regret a minute of it.

Nowadays I might enjoy two or three pints a month, and not for the alcohol but for the sheer taste of it, to enjoy a well-crafted stout that someone put time and effort into... a small pleasure to partake in in this life.

And I never thought about the night before Thanksgiving being a big party night... but reflecting on that now, yeah, it was for me... maybe not always for huge parties but at least a night to gather and enjoy (drink!)

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home