Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Big Game

Yes, my friends, "THE" big game is today. Ohio State versus Michigan. The chance for OSU to go to the championship game. The winner takes the Big Ten title. The loser is just that, a loser. They go home with nothing. Michigan holds a decided advantage (over 20 games) in the long played rivalry. They also hold the advantage (by double digits) in both their stadium, the Big House, as well as the Ohio State stadium, the Horseshoe. But despite those overwhelming numbers, Ohio State has beaten Michigan 5 out of the last 6 years. Ouch.

So today I am renewing an old tradition. An action I hope sways the tide back in Michigan's favor. Ell and I will be traveling up to Cleveland today to watch the game with my old friend Jared and his girlfriend Angie. As an added bonus to watching the best game of the year and hanging out with old friends, Jared and I each owe each other a dinner from past football bets. So we are going to go to dinner and switch bills at the end of the meal. I can't wait.

Well gotta run, Cleveland is an hour and a half drive away and I haven't showered in a few days. Things do not smell good.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

beautiful.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

TMI!! HAHA!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

And then...........

11:43 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

No And then...

Yes. Michigan lost. Again. Sad.

11:45 AM  
Blogger HennHouse said...

So I won't see you at Thanksgiving? JK. Anyway, maybe next year? Looks like you'll have a new coach--possibly a coach that this year will contend for a national championship. Fun times.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home