Friday, October 12, 2007

Friday Funny

On Wednesday I realized I hadn't been on my blogroll for over two weeks. I knew I probably missed at least three or four posts from Adrienne, at least twenty from Guy, and a whole spattering of posts from others. So I spent a couple hours reading and commenting. In the midst of it all, I also realized I hadn't posted anything significant in the same amount of time. Sad, I know. Well I'm back. And just in time.

I was sent a link to Jeff Foxworthy's take on people in Ohio. It wouldn't be so funny if it weren't so true.
YOU MIGHT BE FROM OHIO IF:
- You think all Pro Football teams are supposed to wear orange.
- You know all four seasons: winter, still winter, almost winter, and construction.
- You live less than 30 miles from a college or university.
- You know what a buckeye really is, and have a recipe for candied ones.
- "Towards the lake" means North and "Towards the river" means South.
- You know if other Ohioans are from Northern or Southern Ohio as soon as they open their mouths.
- You can spell words like Cuyahoga, Olentangy, Bellefontaine, Tuscarawas, Wapakoneta, and you know which letter is doubled in Cincinnati.
- "Vacation" means spending the day at Cedar Point in the summer and deer hunting in the fall.
- You measure distance in minutes.
- Your school classes were canceled because of cold.
- Your school classes were canceled because of heat.
- You had to switch from "heat" to "AC" in the same day.
- You know what should be knee-high by the Fourth of July.
- You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. For example: "Where's my coat at?"
- You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
- You carry jumper cables in your car.
- You know what 'pop' is.
- You design your kid's Halloween costumes to fit over a snowsuit.
- Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
- You think sexy lingerie is tube socks and a flannel nightgown.
- The local paper covers national and international headlines on one page but requires six pages for the sports.

If you're from Ohio or know someone who is, I bet you said, "Isn't that the truth?" at least once. If you're not from Ohio or know someone who is, you're probably asking, "What is pop?" Either way, have a great weekend everyone.

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Mmmmm...buckeyes are my favorite! Also, I do like driving in the winter better because of all the filled in holes on the road. More than one of those totally hit home. And yes, I know that my Dad is from southern ohio because he talks different than us northerners.

12:16 PM  
Blogger 3rd string's finest said...

That was great, I never realized but I say "at" after everything!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

So that's why I get strange looks when I say, "Well, don't you have jumper cables?!

It's also why when I say, "Oh, I live about 40 minutes from Alamosa", that people look at me, very confused, and say, "But how many miles is it?"

1:49 PM  
Blogger Kyle said...

thats hilarious because a lot of that is so true. Jeff Foxworthy is very observant.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

That's an awesome blog! HAHA!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Sam,
well, well that is halarious and all very true. I get excited when it snows because i know that the pot holes will be filled in, and other Ohioans do know i am from northern ohio, because i guess i have a small accent...oh well

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home