Thursday, September 20, 2007

Follow-ups, Part 4

I still have a bunch of stuff I want to re-visit. But today, there's only one thing I want to follow-up and think about.

10 years ago today, Ell and I exchanged vows in front of our friends and family and committed our lives to each other. We started our lives as Husband and Wife that day, and have shared each others existence ever since. I could go on and on about how good we are together, how much she is the perfect compliment to me and I to her, how we still make each other laugh every day, and how our love has continued to develop deeper every moment. She truly is someone I could spend the rest of my life with. I knew that on our second date, and I know it even more today. My life was made complete when she decided to be my wife. She honors and respects me. She holds me up as the leader of our household. She listens when I speak and is encouraged by my words. I truly could not have found a more perfect partner to live out my days. She is the reason I get up in the morning, and the desire to go to bed at night. She urges me to greatness and ignores my faults. She is beautiful beyond compare. She is more than I deserve but exactly what I need. I love her. I need her. I desire her. I honor her. I serve her.

Happy Anniversary to you, my wife. May God grant us another 10, and then another 10 after that. I love you Ell.

11 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Ah,nicely said. Happy Anniversary to you both!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

How sweet!

Happy Anniversary!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

You guys are married! What? I thought you were brother and sister.....man I am out of the loop!


Congrats Guys..I love you

11:56 AM  
Blogger Kyle said...

you only asked God for 30 years...

3:40 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

30 years is most likely all I have left on this world. I've always said I'll die before I get old, and 60 something will be pushing old. :-)

3:46 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Forgive me, but...

I have a feeling they're thinking that after God has put up with them for 30 years, that they might have to move on to other powers! :-P

4:14 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Now Sam's comment wasn't there when I left mine...and then it was before mine. Isn't that cutting?!

Well, I hope you at least used the proper cutting signal.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Kimmy said...

Actually, if you look closely, he only asked for twenty more. He's already used the first ten!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

What a wonderful post. Congratulations ( a little late..sorry!!!)

6:48 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Congrats and you're right 1997 was a good year. I did not know you guys were married around the same time we were. May you have many more years, not just 20 or 30!!

1:49 PM  
Blogger HennHouse said...

Actually, if Laura can put up with Sam for at least 10 years, then she'll be able to up with him for at least infinity.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home