Thursday, July 05, 2007

Off to Minneapolis

Well, the day has come. Andrew and Lyndsay leave this evening for Minneapolis. All the goodbyes have been said, all the hugs have been shared, and only a few tears were shed. (Probably a different story at their own houses with their respective mothers, but for us there was only a little public crying.) As they pulled out of our driveway this morning around 2 am, Ell and I sat on the porch and watched them go. It was then that I realized, besides those in the service, I've never had someone close to me move really far away. I've had friends go to school an hour or so away, my parents moved to Columbus, and quite a few people we know moved when they got married. But none of those were farther away than it would take to drive there and back in a day if necessary. In other words, close enough to get there in an emergency. Minneapolis is fourteen hours away. That's not even a trip we could make in a weekend. Not that I'd ever need to, I just wish they were closer.

I'm gonna miss those two.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

me too, broseph. me too

8:40 PM  
Blogger kimw said...

Hey Sam,

This is completely off any subject you've been discussing, but...

Beetles are eating my lettuce. Any idea what I'd use to keep them away without sacrificing the "organic-ness" of my veggies?

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home