Friday, April 27, 2007

Friday Funny

I'm not giving up on the previous topic just yet. (In addition to Kyle's post on the subject, check out Amy's as well. Just click on their name in my blogroll.) The subject is too good to let go, and some key players have yet to leave their thoughts. But it is Friday, and Fridays call for Funnies. So here's a couple to enjoy whilst you ponder deeper ideas...

When Brian got a promotion, he needed to move into the city. He found an apartment and moved in with a roommate named Jennifer. A few month's later, Brian invited his mom over for dinner. Brian's mother couldn't help notice how beautiful Jennifer was, which increased her suspicion of a relationship between the two of them. As she watched them interact she became even more curious of something more than met the eye.

Seeing his Mom's roving eye, Brian said, "I know what you must be thinking, but I assure you Jennifer and I are just roommates." His mom just smiled and nodded.

About a week later, Jennifer came to Brian and said, "Ever since your mom came to dinner, I've been unable to find the beautiful silver gravy ladle. You don't suppose she took it do you?" Brian replied, "Well, I doubt it but I'll ask her."

He sat down at his computer and wrote her an email that said:
Dear Mom,
I'm not saying that you "did" take the silver gravy ladle; I'm not saying that you "did not" take the silver gravy ladle. But the fact remains that it's been missing since you you were here for dinner.
Love, Brian

Several days later Brian received an email back from his mother that read:
Dear Son,
I'm not saying that you "do" sleep with Jennifer; I'm not saying that you "do not" sleep with Jennifer. But the fact remains that if Jennifer was sleeping in her own bed, she would have found the silver gravy ladle by now.
Love, Mom

Thanks to Guy for posting this, one more political jab for good measure...

How to start each day with a positive outlook
1. Open a new file in your computer
2. Name it "Hillary Rodham Clinton"
3. Send it to the trash
4. Empty the trash
5. Your computer will ask you, "Do you really want to get rid of Hillary Rodham Clinton?"
6. Firmly click, "Yes"
7. Feel good all day
PS. Next week we'll do Nancy Pelosi.

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sweet Peripety said...

Those are really funny!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home