Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Thanks!

I wanted to thank you guys for showing your concern. I thought I'd answer your questions in a post instead of a comment.

Yes, we have a computer at home. A really nice one in fact. When I was selling Insurance and Retirement services I bought the best system Dell had to offer. Due to lightning frying it though, I was able to update to an even nicer system. (I know a lot of you swear by MACs, but for the application I needed at the time a home system was the best thing for me.) We did away with our home internet a couple years ago due to us not using it. Now that Ell may need it for school soon, we may get it again. But for now, work is my only regular access. I am obviously not at work tonight since it's after 10 pm; which answers the question of can I get on by another means. Yes, but only somewhere else. I made a phone call today to NCB's internet security division and they said anything that allows comments and/or feedback is labeled under the "Social/Chat" category and is off limits. Which explains why anything in the blogging genre is against the rules.

As for what I'm going to do............Due to our financial situation at the present time, we probably won't be shopping for the MAC we want anytime soon or getting home internet either. So until Ell's schooling requires that additional monthly expense, I will have to find alternatives. Not all is lost. I may do some writing at work and retype it when I get alternative access. So I will continue to be as active as I was. I again thank all of you for your support. It sounds like I lost a limb or something. :-) I'll be alright. Still quite a bit pissed off, but alright.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Glad to hear you'll still be around lots. Blogland wouldn't be the same without Sam!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Just a little FYI. I don't know about everyone else, but we've been really pleased with AT&T (formally SBC) for internet service. DSL is as low as $12.95 a month. Something maybe to keep in your back pocket for when the time comes. Sorry for all your inconvience.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Laura G. Young said...

Hello Sam --

Another thing you can do is to compose offline, save to disk, then upload at a coffee shop or library connection. I did this for a long time; requires a teensy bit of planning, but it's free!

Best,

Laura

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home