Friday, July 21, 2006

Do you have a list?

Yesterday Ruth posted a list titled 'Life's to do list.' It included some pretty funny things and some intense things too. (To clarify, I don't think Ruth made the list; I think she posted it to show what things she had done from the list.) When I was 17 I made a similar thing that I titled my 'Things I want to do before I die' list. I'm not sure what happened to it, but I remember a lot of what was on it. So as I read Ruth's list and thought of the one I did, it made me wonder how many people make lists like that. I bet a lot of people do. If they don't write it down, they probably have it in their heads. And judging from the eclectic group that reads this rag, I bet there'd be some crazy stuff on each of your lists. So since I'm curious (or nosey as my Mom says) why don't each of you post your lists on your blog? And no this isn't one of Kimmy's crazy blog-point challenges. (But if you want to award points Kimmy, I should get some for such a great idea!!)

So here's my updated list.........*completed are in bold*

>Thru-hike the Appalachian Trail
>Own a 1967 Shelby Mustang
>Visit Hawaii
>Visit Jamaica
>Visit Ireland
>Own and live in a log home
>Buy everyone a drink in a bar
>Take a really fast car for a test drive
>Stand on the Great Wall of China
>Say I love you to someone and really mean it
>Hug a tree
>Stay up all night and watch the sunrise
>Go to an NFL game
>Grow and eat my own vegetables
>Be completely debt free again
>Hit a home run
>Witness a Grand Slam in Baseball
>Take the '14 road trip
>Go to a Drive In movie
>Own an old Split-Window VW Bus
>Get Married
>Get tattooed
>Sit right in front of the stage to see my favorite band
>Go skinny-dipping
>Kill and mount a 'Hat-Rack' whitetail
>Run my car and win at a drag strip
>Finish the special at one of those 'eat the whole thing and it's free' places
>Steal something big
>Own a lot of guns
>Live in a Commune
>Take a kid fishing and hunting

I'm sure there's more, but this is all I can think about here at work. I'm looking forward to reading all of your lists!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

This is a fun idea Sam. I'll definitely participate, though I need some time to think about what's on my list. I'm sure I have one in my head somewhere:-) Not sure on the blog points...I might be inclined to offer some as an insentive. We'll see:-)
Also, I want to be in the bar the day you buy everyone there a drink!
And what BIG thing did you steal? You have to tell now!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home